We run a variety of training courses, including our popular one day ‘Introduction to project management’ course.
This course will teach you the basic techniques used by project managers.
- Packed with tools and techniques you can apply tomorrow, no prior knowledge is needed.
- Learn from our experienced and enthusiastic trainers and go away with the confidence to start managing projects.
If you’d like to find out more about training with us, drop us a line:
Managing your first project can be a bit daunting, but this 1-day introductory course has been designed by experienced project managers especially for people who are new to project management. If you are looking to take a PRINCE2 or Agile course in the near future, this 1-day course is an effective preliminary introduction to project management.
During the course you will gain an understanding of the key concepts, tools and techniques which experienced project managers use to keep control over their projects. Within just one day, you will feel more confident in being able to manage your own projects, and even organise your day-to-day tasks more effectively.
Who is this for?
Our delegates come from all walks of life and work in all industries and in organizations ranging from 1 to over 100,000 employees. Our courses have helped all these individuals further their careers and skills in project management.
If your career goals differ from the ones listed below, please feel free to discuss your goals with our specialist advisors on +44 (0)74 609 00680. They can advise you on choosing a course which best suits your career.
I am taking on more project work and would like to learn how to manage it
This is the most common goal amongst the students on the 1-day project management course. Perhaps you already work on projects and are noticing that you need some structure, or have landed yourself a new job that requires some knowledge of project management. Maybe you run your own business and need to know how to plan, prioritise and organise your work on a timeline. If any of these sound like you, then the 1-day project management course is perfectly suited to your needs.
I manage a team and would like them to learn project management skills
If you are looking to organise some project management training for your team, you have come to the right place. Quite often we teach groups of students from the same company. Alternatively, you can book our expert trainer to run a 1-day project management course at your premises. You can be sure that after the course, your team will have knowledge of standard terminology and a strong set of skills to start working on projects immediately.
I’m unemployed and would like project management skills for my CV
Employers are always delighted to work with people who can write a project plan and stick to a schedule. It would be an added bonus if your CV stated that you knew how to produce a gantt chart, apply the critical path technique and manage risk. After this course you’ll be able to add new skills to your CV straight away.
I want to change career and work in project management
This course is perfect if you’re a complete beginner and looking to change your career into project management. Your CV will look much more appealing to prospective employers. You might like to practice what you have learnt at your current workplace or on a personal project. Furthermore, you will find that this course provides you with a taster of what it’s like to be a project manager.
- The key characteristics of all projects
- Common project management terminology
- What makes a good project manager
- How to break a project down into separate phases
- How to identify objectives which align with business goals
- How to define the scope
- How to identify and manage stakeholders
- How to use Work Breakdown Structures to identify and plan work
- Effective ways of estimating work
- Gantt charts and how to schedule work
- How to apply the critical path technique
- How to write a project plan
- How to track progress to keep your project on track
- Effective reporting
- Effective change management
- How to manage risks
- How to continuously improve your project management practices
- Tuition from an experienced project manager and trainer
- Small class size in our convenient venue
- Practical exercises to help you to apply what you learn
- A delegate pack of course notes, case study and exercises
- Refreshments throughout the day, and a delicious fork buffet lunch
- Certificate of training course attendance available upon request
Our course is held in the four star Jurys Inn in Cheltenham, just a five minute car ride from Cheltenham Spa train station.